In 2018, cannabis facilities were legally opened to the public in Massachusetts. The recreational marijuana industry, which includes everything from production plants to dispensaries, soon became a success in the area — and it continues to thrive. As the recreational marijuana industry grows, so does the need for dispensary security to keep these kinds of facilities compliant with legal regulations.
Massachusetts Cannabis Dispensary Security Regulations
While recreational cannabis facilities may be open to the public in Massachusetts, the state has set specific legal security requirements that all dispensaries must abide by. Security requirements for marijuana dispensaries include having safety measures in place to prevent unauthorized access and theft.
For example, entrances require specific security measures to ensure everyone attempting to enter the premises is positively identified. Also, all finished marijuana on the premises needs to be secured in either a vault or safe.
Security Systems That Will Keep Your Cannabis Facility Safe and Compliant
At Prestige Security Systems, we have the security systems you need to keep your cannabis dispensary protected at all times. We understand all of the state regulations for dispensaries, and we’ll develop a custom solution to help your business abide by these rules.
We offer a range of systems from leading manufacturers in the industry, and each system can be customized to best fit your needs.
Experience peace of mind with:
- Burglar alarms: Our burglar alarms can alert you to any signs of intrusion, such as breaking glass or impacts. Some of our burglar alarms can also alert you to environmental dangers like changes in moisture and temperature.
- Video surveillance: Having video surveillance at your marijuana dispensaryhelps to deter potential vandals. With surveillance, you can also identify thieves if they do happen to gain access to your facility. To best meet your needs, our security cameras come in many different styles, such as fixed or still. They offer various features, including audio in and out abilities as well as smart motion tracking technology. We even offer a camera line option certified specifically for the marijuana industry.
- Data security: With our data security solutions, we’ll help you face any digital-based security threats with confidence. We have the tools and technology to protect your data with cybersecurity, data structured cable and Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) to deliver enhanced security at your dispensary.
- Access control: All of our access control systems can be customized and scaled to fit your facility’s doors. Choose from our keypad, proximity readers or virtual keys to limit who is able to access your cannabis dispensary.
- 24/7 monitoring: Experience peace of mind knowing your facility is secure — even when you aren’t there — with video monitoring. Our systems come with a range of features like infrared (IR) illuminators and mounts, and they provide you with real-time updates so you’re always aware of what’s going on at your dispensary.
Start Creating a Customized Marijuana Dispensary Security Plan Today
Since 2015, Prestige Security Solutions has been delivering comprehensive, customizable systems to local homes and businesses. As a full-service security company, we can offer guidance from the early security planning phase through installation.
Interested in learning more about how we can help you develop a marijuana dispensary security plan? Contact us today at email@example.com or give us a call at 781-253-8877 to receive a no-obligation quote.