Door locks are a staple of building security. But between human error and the potential for tampering, traditional lock, and key systems don’t always provide the high level of protection you need. For a more advanced, secure solution, an access control system is an excellent option.
What Is Access Control?
Access control is a security method that regulates who can come and go in certain areas of your property. The earliest and most basic version of access control is the keypad and code system, which was first used for businesses’ restricted areas. Today, numerous sophisticated systems are used in homes and businesses, including:
- Proximity readers: These card-based scanners activate with just a touch.
- Virtual keys: A virtual key allows you to unlock an entry point with a unique, scannable code displayed on your smartphone.
- Wi-Fi-enabled smart locks: Smart access control locks connect to your Wi-Fi network, allowing you to control them remotely from your smartphone or computer.
Digital systems can also combine with mechanical locks for additional protection, such as a keypad and lever system. Whichever components you choose, an access control system provides superior security.
How to Use Access Control
Access control is vital to both home and business owners. You can use your system in many ways to protect your property.
Access Control for Businesses
It’s essential for business owners to limit where customers, visitors and employees can go, which protects company assets. With an access control system installed in your business, you can:
- Deny public entry through certain doors.
- Secure a room holding merchandise.
- Grant access to particular rooms based on an employee’s credentials.
- Customize door schedules to allow admission at specific times of the day.
- Lock and unlock your building remotely.
- Manage entry for multiple business locations with one centralized system.
Access Control for Homes
Homeowners also need to control who is coming and going within their property. An access control system ensures you can safely enter your home and eliminates concern over lost or misplaced keys. It also allows you to let trusted friends and family inside if you’re not home.
If you rent your home out through Airbnb or other leasing systems, access control enables you to change your passcode after a tenant leaves. Many systems also provide time-stamped entry and exit logs for precise monitoring.
Prestige Security Solutions Is Your Go-To Source for Access Control Systems
Whether you’re interested in smart locks for your home or proximity readers for your business, Prestige Security Solutions has the high-quality access control products you require. We create a personalized system that meets your specific needs. We are a one-stop shop for commercial and residential security systems, and you can come to us for exceptional products and installation services. We take the time to understand your requirements and work closely with you to ensure you are totally satisfied with our solutions.
Get in touch with us today for a free, no-obligation quote on an access control system for your home or business.